Ready to toss the big tote and alternate into a bright and colorful mini bag? I know I am and I am excited to do so! Carrying around a large and overfilled tote bag all winter is such a drag, especially with all your winter essentials while also wearing a large coat, hat and gloves. Talk about heavy, clustered and tiring, I am more then ready to ditch the layers and exempt from the oversized anything and switch over to light, small and cheery colored bags. Above are a few affordable versions of colorful mini bags I picked out for this spring, but definitely check out Shopbop, Bloomingdales, Saks Fifth Ave and Net-A-Porter for more styles!
Monday, March 17, 2014
Transitioning seasons may not be all that easy, especially when it’s 50 degrees one day and 20 degrees the next. Lets get real, we all develop confusion on how to use our winter garments that we have been wearing for a few months now and when that 50 degree day approaches us, we have to find a way to dress a little less layered and use our winter wardrobe to start thinking ahead for spring. But until that day comes and we are actually ready to go out and shop for the warmer weather, lets break down a few simple tricks for our wardrobe in which we all stay somewhat calm while waiting for spring to FINALLY spring ahead and arrive!
I took a simple everyday boyfriend jean and a great loose blouse, which your can wear for either winter or spring and used accessories to transition those 50 to 20 degree days! For our current winter days, there’s nothing more on our mind then layering, bundling and staying warm. With this, I paired the outfit with a mustard wool coat, because even though we all have the winter blues, there is no reason why we can’t throw some color into our wardrobe to spice things up! I had a little fun with color and added this fabulous plum fur hat, black closed heel booties and a great big dark bag to have all your winter essentials in hand. For spring, I tossed the heavy gear and added more light accessories, such as a tailored leather coat, a smaller trendier bag, a chic pair of open toe neutral heel booties and sunnies for those sunny days ahead!
Have fun with your transitioning! If you’re out and about shopping or just browsing for spring basics, keep these tactics in mind, opt for merchandise in which you can mix and match and wear with multiple items in your wardrobe now, while finding great accessories that will stand out and transition your spring style!
Sunday, March 16, 2014
Gluten Free Banana Walnut Pancakes with Agave Honey? Yes please! What's better then having pancakes on a lazy Sunday morning? For months now I have been trying to find the best tasting alternatives to grain-free cooking when it comes to breakfast, lunch and dinner. I came across this recipe and had to try it, considering I have tried a few in the past and they didn't come out as well as I wished for. This time around I have found what I believe is one of the best grain-free, dairy free, banana, walnut pancakes that tasted AMAZING!
2 large rip bananas
½ cup almond butter
3 eggs, beaten
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
If you have a food processor you can throw all the ingredients in there, OR what I did (which the consistency came out perfect) take a large bowl and mash the bananas with a fork, then add your almond butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon and baking powder. Beat your eggs in a separate bowl, then pour and combined all ingredients, then use an electric handheld mixer to mix everything together (add walnuts if you wish after the electric mixer, use a spoon to mix around batter). Recipe makes 20 silver dollar pancakes, you can also add fruit if you prefer and an alternative to syrup = AGAVE HONEY... enjoy !
Friday, March 14, 2014
Menswear has taken a positive turn in women’s wear and we tend to approach this trend with more of a classic yet feminine way. Boyfriend jeans, a loose button down shirt, a chic leather coat, chunky accessories and a great pair of heel booties are statement pieces in every girl’s wardrobe today. Without taking the trend way too into a mans wardrobe, designers today are making oversize button downs for women, including the famous boyfriend jean and leather coat, giving it more of a feminine shape to give emphasis to a women’s figure. To get inspired, check out the look above, mixing hues of blue with some great textures, patterns, colors, accessories and designers. You can even shop the look below!
Thursday, March 13, 2014
Do you feel like you are relying more on your active/ gym apparel rather then wearing “normal” clothing? Do you tend to gravitate towards yoga pants, leggings, sneakers, loose tees and hoodies, but enjoy this type of apparel and style but want to incorporate it into more of an “everyday” approach? Don't worry, I've got you covered.
Instead of going full on ‘I am going to the gym’ look, separate your pieces and wear them with other types of apparel rather then all together. For myself, I am at the gym 5-6 days a week and usually incorporate my gym gear into a day-to-day outfit once or twice a week. I'll admit, I will go full force and wear my gym clothes from top to bottom, but who doesn't love living in their Lululemon or Nike Dry-Fit and sneakers while running errands or just lounging around the house. I know I gravitate toward these types of clothing when I am on the go and know I need comfort and sustainability.
Aimee Song from Song Of Style is one of my favorite sporty blogger I love to go to for some inspo. She does just what I love and that is mix and matching active wear and sneakers into your everyday to make it look effortlessly chic. You can always mix and match, be a little sporty, tom-boyish, always be comfortable and have fun!
Wednesday, March 12, 2014
Have an easier morning with simple ways to pair garments together to make your outfit comfortable, stylish and simple. Get the ‘natural’ look by not over-accessorizing, not adding to many layers and in the end, you get a light an airy approach to a look that shows that you care, without really trying. I believe the best way you look your finest is when it just comes naturally, then you feel good about yourself and your days become better with confidence and pride. Try these simple and easy tips and see how much easier it is to get dressed in the morning and how much more inspiration, poise and satisfaction you are with your lifestyle.
3. PRINTS: Mixing and matching prints or just wearing them solo is a popular trend that a lot of people are gravitating towards. We all get tired of wearing solid colors and need a pop of color or pattern to spice up our mood. With this said, you can pair you DENIM jeans with a great stripped or pattern top, or if your denim is also printed on, have fun with mixing and matching!
1. DENIM: When it comes to keeping it plain and simple, you right away think of your 'go-to' piece, jeans. When do you not think of denim when you cant decide what to wear. You can pair anything with your jeans from a sweater (shown above), a button down shirt which is my favorite go-to piece, a hoodie, a t-shirt or a tank.
2. BUTTON DOWN: My most favorite go-to piece to throw on with denim or leather pants is an oversized button down shirt! Striped, printed or solid there is no wrong in giving your casual, simple look a twist of menswear inspiration.
4. LIGHT LAYER: A simple coat or blazer can do the trick when you feel like you need an extra layer, or you really need it for weather conditions. A great items to match with your DENIM, PATTERN OR BUTTON DOWN SHIRT is a trendy blazer or coat while still keeping it simple.
5. GRAPHIC TEE: Theres nothing wrong with a graphic tee, Mens or Women's you can't go wrong with wanting to feel a little 'Bad Ass' and wear your favorite artist, saying or character on your chest for the world to notice.
6. RUNNING SNEAKERS: Who else is more then thrilled that running shoes are absolutely in and you can wear them with about anything! I really enjoy wearing my trainers as much as I can, due to the fact that they are extremely comfortable, easy to navigate with and definitely give your outfit a twist, there are more pros then cons with them!
7. JOGGERS: Alternative to sweats? HELL YEA! Dress it up, dress it down, no matter what its going to look good if you do it right. Definitely wear your trainers or trendy sneakers, a look tee, tank or sweater and if you need a light coat, go for it. Nice and sporty look to keep your day afloat.