Sunday, March 16, 2014

Gluten Free Banana Walnut Pancakes



Gluten Free Banana Walnut Pancakes with Agave Honey? Yes please! What's better then having pancakes on a lazy Sunday morning? For months now I have been trying to find the best tasting alternatives to grain-free cooking when it comes to breakfast, lunch and dinner. I came across this recipe and had to try it, considering I have tried a few in the past and they didn't come out as well as I wished for. This time around I have found what I believe is one of the best grain-free, dairy free, banana, walnut pancakes that tasted AMAZING!

Ingredients:

2 large rip bananas
½ cup almond butter
3 eggs, beaten
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder


If you have a food processor you can throw all the ingredients in there, OR what I did (which the consistency came out perfect) take a large bowl and mash the bananas with a fork, then add your almond butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon and baking powder. Beat your eggs in a separate bowl, then pour and combined all ingredients, then use an electric handheld mixer to mix everything together (add walnuts if you wish after the electric mixer, use a spoon to mix around batter). Recipe makes 20 silver dollar pancakes, you can also add fruit if you prefer and an alternative to syrup = AGAVE HONEY... enjoy ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment