Thursday, March 13, 2014

Active Gone Everyday?


Do you feel like you are relying more on your active/ gym apparel rather then wearing “normal” clothing? Do you tend to gravitate towards yoga pants, leggings, sneakers, loose tees and hoodies, but enjoy this type of apparel and style but want to incorporate it into more of an “everyday” approach? Don't worry, I've got you covered.



Instead of going full on ‘I am going to the gym’ look, separate your pieces and wear them with other types of apparel rather then all together. For myself, I am at the gym 5-6 days a week and usually incorporate my gym gear into a day-to-day outfit once or twice a week. I'll admit, I will go full force and wear my gym clothes from top to bottom, but who doesn't love living in their Lululemon or Nike Dry-Fit and sneakers while running errands or just lounging around the house. I know I gravitate toward these types of clothing when I am on the go and know I need comfort and sustainability.


When separating these garments to feature them into your everyday, take it one by one and see what you piece together makes sense. For example, I love wearing leather pants with my Nike Free Flyknits or Roshe Run with a loose button down shirt; I took the trainers and added them into an everyday approach. As for the leggings, you can either wear them inside a boot with a nice loose shirt and a pair of oxfords or loafers with a blazer or leather jacket. Dress it up or dress it down, either way your incorporating a new look by adding something 'different', like a great colored sneaker with trousers, jeans or leather pants; this will automatically give your outfit some spunk. 



Aimee Song from Song Of Style is one of my favorite sporty blogger I love to go to for some inspo. She does just what I love and that is mix and matching active wear and sneakers into your everyday to make it look effortlessly chic. You can always mix and match, be a little sporty, tom-boyish, always be comfortable and have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment