Friday, July 13, 2012

Summering

Is this post a little to late in the season? 
IDK & IDC, it has to be done. 

We all know summer is all about bright colors, minimal clothing, and lots of accessories. Beginning with big floppy hats, sunnies, jewelry, totes, sandals, shiny things, playful things (sports), yadda yadda... they’re all key items in my summer wardrobe. (Except the playful things, that's where my brothers come into play) But, my main concern is my “KEY ITEMS” for an “everyday summer day”. This is where I tell you my exciting summer “must haves” with some great pictures and many reasonings to why I NEED these things!




OK, first things first, the bathing suit. I mean, what’s summer without one, two, five, eleven, twenty of them? My must have for bathing suits: Find one that flatters your body. No matter how cute it may look on the hanger, TRY IT ON, and if it pulls you here or makes you look like a muffin there- don't buy it. There are so many that you can find that flaunt your body no matter what type of body shape you have. I tend to love ones you can mix and match but also ones that are a solid set. From top left: Just Cavalli Top & Vix Orange BottomMara Hoffman BikiniVix Fringed Top & Undrest BottomsWe Are Handsome BikiniEmamo Bottom & Zimmermann Top



Second: Sandals. During the years, these charming shoes do accumulate over time, which makes you forget what you do have, so you just buy more to replace the ones you forgot about. In that case, each year I love buying either a staple color such as a tan or black pair, just so I have a basic shoe that matches everything or a great trendy pair depending on how fricken cute they are and how much I am in need of them. For example, this past weekend I was at Bloomies and I just bought a new pair of sandals… ON SALE, who are both trendy and simple. It was a must have because they were mark down to basically nothing and I kind of already had in my mind that I was buying them. From top Left: Sam Edelman HeelsStuart Wesitzman SandalsMinimarket WedgesSee by Chloe SandalsSam Edelman SandalsMinimarket SandalsStella McCartney HeelsPour La Victoire Sandals



Third: Everyday Clothing. I mean… you have to get dressed everyday don't you? Yea you do, and for that I am talking about dresses, skirts, tees, tanks, shorts, rompers, etc etc etc. I mean, that's really to the point. You can throw on a simple dress or a pair of shorts/ skirt with a tank, tee, button down, once piece garment or everything. However you like wearing clothes is totally up to you. I have my ways and you have yours! But please remember: layer when the appropriate time is needed. From top Left: Rick Owens Cotton TankClover Canyon Printed ShortsDAY Birger et Mikkelsen JumpsuitTheory Striped Silk ShirtBoy. by Band of Outsiders Striped ShortsLanvin T-ShirtMICHAEL Michael Kors Maxi Skirt




Fourth: Accessories Muthhhaa Chukkka. I’m talking handbags, jewelry, hats and sunnies people!!! I mean, what else perfects the outfit. Big ass floppy hats (beach only), tons and tons of sunglasses (the more the merrier), neckwear, wrist wear and finger wear of all sorts of colors, bulky or non bulkiness. BAGS OF ALL SHAPES AND SIZES! Big totes, small clutches, beach bags, no bags. As long as you have something to put something in (going back to my pouch in “Overalling”). You can never have too much… you eventually find something to match that other something with. Too many to put in order: Rebecca Minkoff WalletThe Cambridge Satchel Company,KOTUR ClutchKate Spade New York Clutch Marc By Marc Jacobs ToteMICHAEL Micahel Kors ToteMICHAEL Michael Kors Shoulder BagBurberry Checked WristletGucci HatIllesteva Purple SunglassesAlexander Wang Black SunglassesDannijo Raffaela NecklaceDannijo Galgano NecklaceTory Burch






Last but not Least: Everything else you need, including skin products but mostly skin products. I know I cannot, in any way or form, live without my chap stick. No matter where I am, that stuff needs to be with me and if it isn’t, I go into panic mode. If da lips aint good, they aint poppi’n. But most importantly, to protect them from the sun. In that case… that's why they invented sun tan oil right, to ruin your body and keep the lips in tack? Kidding, for those who are pale use sunscreen. But anyway, I like to get some color but also not get skin cancer so my oil most definitely has at least some SPF in it. (4spf) Then of course I have my daily face/ body lotion/ wash, vitamin E, and all those other fancy shmancy things I need but don't remember I use everyday which became a daily ritual. From top Left: Aloe Skin Care ProductsVitamin E Skin Care ProtectionVaseline Coco Butter LotionEOS & Palmers Coco Butter Chap StickBanana Boat Tanning OilVitamin E Oil

 I am loving this whole summer series I got going on here

 ha ha haaaaaaa



No comments:

Post a Comment