Thursday, June 21, 2012

"Meanings"

Many people keep asking me what the famous “Hamsa hand & evil eye” is, and what is the meaning behind it. The trend became VERY BIG, in a very long period of time. What I mean by this is it’s been out for many years now and with-in the past two or three, has become more of a trend, then an actual meaning!

How Bazar ? 

 The Hamsa is an ancient Middle Eastern amulet symbolizing the Hand of God. In all faiths it is a protective sign. It brings it's owner happiness, luck, health, and good fortune.

 The evil eye stares back at the world to ward off the evil spirits and keep you safe from harm.

(Im a Jew-Lic though)

My Jewish grandmother had given me my first Hamsa while we were going through her jewelry a few years back and many of her vintage and gold pieces were handed down to me. She explained the story behind many pieces she had owned and the meanings behind them as well. I was so infatuated with the jewelry, her stories and collections that I started to collect my own. My collections are expanding bigger each year. I love having them because it not only holds a place in my heart, but a very special meaning behind what each of my pieces mean, where I got them from, who got them for me, and why I enjoy them so much. 

__________________________________________________________________________________
Elephants I have bought from places I have been. 
First- Museum of Natural History, Second- Bahamas, and Third- Mexico

I have many other fabulous Buddha'shandselephants, and eyes all in my purpleicious room, so thats why it is impossible to capture each and every one & you probably wouldn't care, but you should!!!

 SO... look forward to them ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment