Saturday, May 18, 2013

My D.I.Y Story


My D.I.Y (do it yourself) endeavors have always lacked skill do to my overly functioning brain that thinks I can make whatever I create in my head come alive, little does it know that it transfers only 50% of talent from my creative thinking to my motor functions. I think big, create big and want to do big… but my hands say N.O and don’t want to contribute to my mostly awesome and amazing ideas. When it comes to D.I.Y, I always want to try and do it all, but then during the process I get frustrated after 3, 6 and 10 tries that I push it aside and most likely never complete what I started. Long story short, I bought this really great, out of the ordinary and highly intellectual book called, “Let’s Explore Diabetes with Owls”, by David Sedaris. Sweet deal, so just starting to read it I realized that I needed a super cool bookmark to give this book some character because from experience, placing a sticky note each time I finished a chapter or completed my reading for the day, the stickiness looses it uhhh,,, stick and then I wind up loosing my piece of pointless paper in addition to loosing my spot. Long story even shorter (jk) I figured I would create a D.I.Y bookmark out of the millions of beads I own… little did I know I couldn't even complete a simple task like this. It took me THREE times to bead the right cord, with the right beads and tie it to the approximate length so it fit perfectly with my book. It only took till the third time that I didn't snap the cord from tying it to tight that the beads would fly across my room. A simple project like this would take a normal person 10 minutes; it took this genius two hours because of course I had to pick the most complicated, smallest and colorful set of beads to string onto the thinnest and most non-cooperated piece of string in this world. In the end, I came up with this masterpiece while using the largest, durable and biggest beads I could find, while somewhat trying to be a tad bit creative in the making, since my first two attempts failed. And that's my D.I.Y story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment